This recipe is so simple that you probably already have all of the ingredients in your pantry.
The story goes that one day, my mom was making a batch of fudge. However, she didn’t cook it long enough, which ended up being arguably the BEST ACCIDENT TO EVER HAVE HAPPENED, because she had inadvertently made hot fudge sauce!
Once you taste this, I can’t see how you could ever go back to a bottle of chocolate syrup.
Easy Peasy Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbs butter
- Pinch salt (if butter is unsalted)
- Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan
- While you whisk the mixture, bring it to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, then enjoy over ice cream, brownies, a pizookie, or anything else that deserves hot fudge!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. It can be reheated or served cold as a fudge sauce for ice cream.